[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: server status 'offline'
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: server status 'offline'
- From: coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:11:25 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:11:36 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=KL46dL7qd0hwfLCdoTE0xQcq4oHWcMxpTKr795tUlIrX54tuy4Q5qxfdFqMF6IYDehelthZEKQMz96EYbddHo3lhsm8TTsUhdprKcirRSwVV8qH6Zx9euB1EN+uoIqMn7haOKDxwofEXHRjCPw+Nv4Tek3uK0cSsFVS/EqGx5q8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=J2AL+IJuN6TNlTk+p5w3WSxUne8PnXP6B4KS+vbxR/4EXofj6hAZD/tC+cX1ILalsNSYon67N1Vt+XOKpiCKi5+0i83cE72OF5wV1FWNGAGG8+OlMP7NK3LEOMnoY7TOD3DMVe9RMkJKZsx4xmy/VIBiBSqM7G9SW/cLvpimBeA=
- In-reply-to: <20070313215119.8608F1A91A1@nepuweb4.net-publics.de>
- References: <20070313215119.8608F1A91A1@nepuweb4.net-publics.de>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 3/13/07, Stephen <stephen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... I'm wondering if this problem might be due in part to the version of windows that I'm running (XP Home).
certainly plausible. there are known issues with the TCP stack in
windows. (or, more correctly, in the manner in which Tor currently
interfaces with the host TCP stack in windows )
I'm thinking of trying to install Tor on another system running XP Pro but I don't know if this is likely to make that much of a difference..
it will run better. just how much depends on a number of factors. may
solve your problem, may not...
Any suggestions/advice would be welcome.
XP Pro or perhaps a virtual machine running bsd/linux running Tor
would both be an improvement. i'd be interested to know which, if
any, of these suggestions resolves your problem.
0. Windows Buffer Problems