Re: Using Tor at an on-line advocacy org

Thanks for the insights so far. I have done some documentation work on
the wiki, but I've run out of things to write. What are the areas most
in need of documentation that is also NOT programming side, which I
don't know much about? I also support the project financially already.
Perhaps I can get some of our members to do so as well.

We would be using Tor as a cover for a cluster of e-mail servers which
send constituent messages to Congress. Currently, we do this directly,
but we've had a few isolated "accidents" in the past that were not
explained, and seemed a bit like political censorship, though we can't
prove it due to the usual "plausible deniability" that politicians so
treasure.

I agree that this whole thing may have negative consequences, but
would it be possible to configure Tor so that we had a separate node
network that was not connected to Tor, at least not as far as end
nodes go? This would shift and contain the blame to our participants
and not the entire community. Still, governments are famous for their
tendency toward collective punishment, so perhaps that wouldn't do
much anyway.

Is there any other solution?

~Andrew

- ----

Frivolous lawsuits. Unlawful government seizures. What's YOUR defense?
Protect your assets, keep what you earn, and generate more income at the
same time!
Visit http://www.mpassetprotection.com/ today.