Re: [tor-talk] Scroogle and Tor

Hi,

On 11.03.2011 04:44, Jim wrote:
> I hadn't thought it through this far, but I was looking for automatic
> creation of such links, such as provided through the "how to make a
> bookmark" link.  I assume you created your sample link manually?

Actually I did not remember their query parameters and created it on the
non-SSL scroogle site.

> A search such as your sample link looks easy enough to construct.  I am
> not sure it would be immediately obvious to me what the query would be
> for more advanced searches such as including a quoted phrase, using the
> site: qualifier, etc.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/tamper-data/
"Use tamperdata to view and modify HTTP/HTTPS headers and post parameters"

Also, like me, you could use the non-SSL website to create your bookmark
and then copy the parameters.

> So it would still be nice to have a way to
> automatically create them such as Scroogle provides for plain http.  Not
> just for more complicated searches but also for even simple searches by
> people who are less computer conversant.

You are right, and I guess this is just a bug, as the SSL website
supports GET just fine.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/