[tor-talk] Firefox, Adobe, and DRM

I just received a message from the Free Software Foundation
advising me that Mozilla has climbed in bed with Adobe
Corporation and will implement digital rights management,
DRM, in FireFox.  Until now they had not supported DRM.
They claim to take this act to preserve market share, but it
would not surprise me if money changed hands as an
additional encouragement.

TOR is not about DRM, but if TOR continues to use FireFox as
the basis for its browser, then the nose of the DRM camel
will appear under the wall of the tent.  Some of us have
assiduously avoided DRM, and TOR was one way to do so.  Will
it continue to be?

The source code for FireFox is available free and so the DRM
code could be striped out before making it the TOR browser.
doing so, however, will require additional effort; is TOR
prepared to take on this task?

Paul

--
Paul A. Crable.  Portland, Oregon.  U.S.A.
PAUL AT CRABLE DOT US