Re: [tor-talk] Firefox, Adobe, and DRM

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 01:08:56PM -0500, paul@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I just received a message from the Free Software Foundation
advising me that Mozilla has climbed in bed with Adobe
Corporation and will implement digital rights management,
DRM, in FireFox.  Until now they had not supported DRM.

It sounds scarier than it is. Mozilla will implement a sandbox in firefox for the Adobe DRM plugin to run in. This sandbox is completely open source. The DRM plugin is not part of firefox. You have to install it the same way you install the flash plugin.

So if you donât want to use the DRM plugin, then donât install it.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |