Re: Marketing Tor (Was Re: For those using Tor with windows)

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:16:52AM -0600, Arrakistor wrote:
> Hello Eugen,
>
> I  really,  really  like  this  idea.  We  could  have anon users with

I'm glad you liked it :)

> anon-tokens,  linked  up to disposable margined accounts, like calling
> cards.  I  think we would need access to internet services much closer
> to backbones than the ISP->client range if we were trying to guarantee
> a level of throughput/latency.

I have my own rack, though still mostly empty http://eugen.leitl.org/hetzner/
(it's Hetzner, not Hertzner, btw). The peering part would be essential
to a difficult-to-compromise private network. Authentication by
shared secret in OpenVPN could be used an ingress point, egress would
be random.

We'll see whether the customers at all want it.

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>