Re: all traffic through a VPN on top of tor, done!

Il giorno ven, 13/11/2009 alle 16.28 +0000, John Case ha scritto:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Andrew Lewman wrote:
>
> > Second, it sounds like you want to protect against a local attacker from
> > seeing your traffic.  If so, go to proxy.org, find an https:// or
> > vpn-based provider and enjoy your encrypted protection against your
> > local ISP seeing your destination.

You have a point, that is something I could do probably, but so far all
ssl proxy I have seen, are actually websites with a form. I need to use
the proxy from the command line and pipe a ssh connection through it.

> > If you actually want anonymity, then use Tor as is, for it's designed to
> > provide anonymity online by default.

That is why am glad my script has tor support now. Anonymity is there.
It's just really slow. :-)
I added tortunnel support as well, which is probably slower than those
websites but serves the purpose.

I am pretty happy with the result. I'll be posting a link as soon as I
have it online, if someone needs it. It's just a nice script for a vpn
on top of ssh, even if you don't need tor.