Re: U.S. begins censoring Internet at U.K.'s request

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 08:05 -0600, "Jon" <torance.ca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     I wrote:
> >>http://news.antiwar.com/2010/11/05/us-censors-muslim-websites-list-of-british-mps-who-supported-iraq-war/
> >>
> >>     Using exit "chuckthecanuck" gives a Google (!) error page, saying URL
> >>not found.  I'll add that exit to my ExcludeExitNodes list with a comment
> >>that the reason is due to DNS hijacking that is probably related to U.S.
> >>censorship.
> >
> >     I changed my mind.  I'm adding {ca},{uk},{us} to my ExcludeExitNodes
> > list with an appropriate comment for later removal in case the U.S. ever
> > calls off its War on the Internet. :-(
> >

>  I don't understand why excluding all exit nodes from the US, CA, and
> UK, especially if you have only one exit node showing the error?
> Altho, I may not understand or I misinterpreted your email
>
> I had no issues with getting the website on google. I had to copy and
> paste the url as it would not go directly from the email. Actually,
> almost all the url's lately from the email;s don't go directly, I have
> to cut and paste to get to them.
>
> Jon

The OP is presumably saying that the domain refered to in the
antiwar.com story is unreachable, not antiwar.com itself.
That's because it's been suspended by the registrar: tor-resolve returns
no IP for it and the .com root server reports that no such domain
exists. There may be cached entries floating around though.

GD