Re: [tor-talk] Gmail account without phone number

On Sun, 2013-11-24 at 21:54 -0500, Yo Mamma wrote:
> Hi Joe,
> I'll clarify the auto-login: After sign up it logged me in with the
> credentials I had just created. Why would it use cookies from a previous,
> different account login, to log in to this new account? Wouldn't that be a
> security hole?

Cookies are used to ID web browser, not to provide access to email
accounts. Thus when you log into your webmail account with an ID'ed
browser, they don't know who created, but they know where, when and get
the machine used to create. Subsequent uses of this same machine
increase the confidence of who is the user behind and what are her
interests, even if you IP address changes through tor, vpn, physical
movement..

--
010
001