Re: [tor-talk] Failed Startpage connection problem found_need solution [Was: still unable to reach StartPage or Ixquick]

On 10/10/2013 1:42 PM, krishna e bera wrote:

When you find yourself replying a lot in your own troubleshooting
thread, it may be time to start a ticket on https://trac.torproject.org
and followup there.
OK, thanks. I never see troubleshooting threads go on forever on the list. :D But wait - I found the problem & I'm sure lots of users here know the best, safest way to handle TBB & various AV prgms monitoring port 443.
Not sure need to create a ticket for that.

Perhaps just turn off monitoring encrypted connections in the AV/ soft FW. Not sure about the safety aspect.