Re: Limiting possible last hops

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 11:10:56AM -0700, Hee So wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to limit the possible set of last hops?
> Like if I wanted to make sure the last hop was located
> in the US.
>
> I was using the Google toolbar, and I would get different languages
> showing up which I suspect is from the country of the last hop.

You can request that Tor only use specific last hops by setting the
"ExitNodes" option in the configuration file.  By default, Tor treats
this option as a request: if none of your preferred exit nodes is
available, Tor tries other nodes to see if they can work.  You can
make the option mandatory by setting the "StrictExitNodes" option.

See the tor manual page for more information.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson
(PGP key changed on 15Aug2004; see http://wangafu.net/key.txt)