Re: Exclude nodes from certain countries

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:39:17 -0400, Ringo Kamens wrote:

> I don't think you get the problem here. Squid wouldn't be able to
> affect the choice of exit nodes. It would just be able to filter entry
> nodes.
> Comrade Ringo Kamens

I know how to filter entry nodes. I can do it with Protowall or another
firewall. That's easy.

I wonder if Tor makes an initial connection to all nodes from which it
later constructs a circuit.

If Tor is never allowed to connect to certain nodes, and therefore "doesn't
know" about them, can they still be used as exit nodes?