private vs. public tor network ... any other options ?

I am aware that I may run a private Tor network if the speed or latency of the public Tor network is unacceptable to me.

I am also aware that failing to reach a critical mass of nodes and traffic will leave users' anonymity much more vulnerable to attack.

I don't know what the numbers are, in terms of minimum acceptable nodes or traffic, but I suspect that I don't want to arrange or
maintain it.

On the other hand, I do control a fair amount of infrastructure and bandwidth in multiple locations ... so it's very tempting to leverage those resources in a way that gives me tor-like anonymity, but without the (sometimes terrible) speed and latency.

Is there a middle ground ? Is it possible for me to simultaneously contribute network resources to the public Tor network, allowing me to blend in like every other Tor user, yet at the same time somehow leveraging the specific resources I control to achieve faster speeds for my own use ?

Thanks.