Re: [tor-talk] Tor browser can be fingerprinted

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:06:45 -0700
Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> harmony:
> > Mike Perry:

> Maybe. It depends on if you resizing the window is actually as "random"
> as you think it is. If you keep doing that, and you're one of the few
> people who does, you might stand out over time?  On the other hand, it
> seems like a tricky algorithm for an advertiser-class adversary to
> write, and for little economic gain since it is rare behavior.
>
> However, if your adversary includes people with access to raw
> advertising logs, that may be a different matter. My guess is
> capital-t-They wouldn't bother with that vector though. Too expensive
> for too little information.

"Transparent torification" option in TB carryied into disabled "New identity" option.
New identity can be emulated manually by sending signal to Tor and
restarting Tor Browser. Users with Tor routers and other
transparent torificated solutions builds a class of anomaly random windowsize
 fingerprinted set.