Re: [pygame] Re: pygame + pyopengl

> Woohoo!
>
> You prompted me into trying this out for myself, and I have managed to
> get a simple OpenGL demo working within pygame.  The tutorial in question
> is on the SDL web site:
>
> http://www.libsdl.org/opengl/intro.html
>
> It starts with the simple display of a flat triangle and square using OpenGL
> (lesson 2).  This is the one I've got working.  I made a simple conversion
> of the C code to Python.  Find the python file attached.

double wooohooo!
francis this is great! although i'm a little confused. it looks like
SDL is setting us up a doublebuffered opengl context, even without
asking for double buffered. well the good news it is any easy fix!

for the next release of pygame (1.1) you can expect full opengl
support. my plan is to smarten up the pygame.display.flip() call
so it will make the correct opengl flip clall if needed.

i'll also be looking into seeing why we aren't getting single buffered
modes. not the end of the world, since i can't think of a situation
where you wouldn't want the doublebuffer.

thanks francis, this is a great find. i was like kevin, decided i'd
get the single buffer stuff working first, then add functions for the
double buffered flip, etc. looks like we should have been working on
it the other way around. :]