Re: [pygame] Re: pygame + pyopengl

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 03:54:24PM -0700, Pete Shinners wrote:
> > SDL_GL_LoadLibrary
> >     this is used to bind SDL to the appropriate GL library
> >     at runtime. we might need to doublecheck and ensure that
> >     SDL is using the same opengl that pyopengl is. this should
> >     happen automatically, and not need called by the python user
> >
> > SDL_GL_GetProcAddress
> >     this is used for getting at opengl extensions. this should
> >     be all handled through pyopengl, not here in pygame. (i think
> >     pyopengl handles this? haven't looked)
>
> I got the impression from the source that you don't need either of
> these - they are for rare/obsolete cases when you need to dynamically
> load OpenGL.

yeah, the getprocaddress is entirely up to pyopengl. pygame also
doesn't need to make a load_library call of any kind available.

but i wasn wondering if internally SDL_GL_LoadLibrary should be
called? from what i can see pyopengl doesn't support runtime loading
of a GL library. nevertheless, pyopengl can be compiled to be using
any opengl library out there (ie, mesa or whatever). i think it is
important the SDL's GL stuff is using the same GL library that
pyopengl is. 90% of the time the user will only have one default
opengl library on the system, and there won't be any trouble. but
in the case a user has multiple opengl libraries, it will be important
to call SDL_GL_LoadLibrary internally.

the question then is, can we determine which opengl library pyopengl
is linked to? i'm not sure if pyopengl has any support for this type
of functions, "which_gl_library()" heh?