[pygame] pygame in the news

Well, early this week i made the "Pygame-1.0 Announcements".
Since then news has trickled across the web. Even getting
props on sites like orielly. :]   here are some quick links
to pygame articles showing up across the web

oreillynet (woohoo) (even hooks the pygame code repository)
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/python/2001/04/11/pythonnews.html

LWN.net Devel (also mentions the repository)
http://www.lwn.net/2001/0412/devel.php3

you can also see the release info i put up at gamedev
http://www.gamedev.net/info/news/FullStory.asp?StoryID=2994

anyways, we're getting tons of hits from the announcements on
http://www.flipcode.com and http://www.pythonware.com/daily

(actually, the oriellynet article is really starting to
turn in the hits, but it's pretty new)

anyways, today pygame-1.0 crossed the 1,000 downloads (in under 1 week)
i looked at the statistics for which files are being downloaded,
and thought i'd give a little share. this only includes the straight
HTTP downloads (none of the FTP, CVS, or other transfers are included)

UNIX: 41%           WIN: 59%
-----------------------------
tar: 61%            zip: 41%
rpm: 23%            exe: 59%
deb: 16%

anyways, we have a 40/60 split between windows and unix downloaders.
usually the pythonware daily-url link brings in a lot of windows
users. and i'm guessing there's more unix users keeping up to date
with CVS.

things are going really well for the project. at this point we
need a couple games. (hint hint) get some screenshots and a link
to me and i'll drop it right in on the front page.

anyways, thanks for all the support so far. i hope a lot of people
are finding pygame and being inspired to do "great things". :]