Re: [pygame] Semi-Neophyte requires jerky animation assistance

Some information for the enlightenment of all. I'm running this currently on Windows XP, I've been using clock.tick(), and as currently my program hasn't yet implemented features such as collision detection or anything requiring extensive disk I/O (no sound or image loading).

In response to Andrew, lowering the frame rate does not remove the effect, but simply reduce its frequency. In aiming for 30 fps as opposed to 60, it occurs half as often. Given that all effects of my program also slow down, I suspect that it has something to do with how I'm using clock.tick() and the general functions of my program.

I'm going to do some recoding such that regardless of 30 or 60 fps, it should run at the same "speed", and see if the problem remains.

Thanks for your help so far.

-Kevin Turner