Re: [pygame] two soundcards

Well,

we want to play sounds on 4 channels, 'positioning' a sound in a room. It is an art project in vienna, austria, we consider an installation with quadrophonic sound. we have samples of sounds, as wav or mp3. our system would pick one of the sounds (randomly) and pan it around in the room by changing the volume of each channel.

we have one experimental solution where we would use system time and *want* the system to work incorrect

we still look for a solution that is correct.

but we do have more time now since the project will not happen next week as we planned first. we take our time to do it right.

pygame is the software i'd like most to use for it.
it is pretty portable and easy to use. after all it is python.

:-)

Gogo.

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
[snip]

Unfortunately pymedia is only available for linux based systems, I would prefer a portable solution (like pygame) that works on Mac, Windows and Linux - if there is a portable solution to such a 'hardware related' problem at all...
[/snip]
I don't know if certain parts of pymedia are linux-dependent, but it seems to work just fine on my windows system, and OSX is based on some form of
*nix code isn't it?
back to pymedia, I got it to play audio files and such, at least. I'm a little confused by the documentation and swamped by Calculus homework so I haven't gotten
a chance to really check it out, but I believe it works correctly.
I also don't have a surround sound system( I am using an on-board sound card) nor do I know if pygame has any support for 5.1 yet.
What are you guys trying to make by the way?
cheers,
-Luke