Re: [pygame] [PYGAME] Noob Help.

I recommend Eric3. I think it has a Windows port, anyway. I use it every day, and I find it much better than drpython.

On 4/13/07, Kris Schnee < kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
python@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Alright so when I run the "game.py" the console says error syntax then I
> can't read the rest because the console window closes automatically.  I
> have the slightest idea on whats wrong.

I strongly recommend that you use an editor. Depending on exactly how
you installed Python, you should have a built-in editor called IDLE,
buried somewhere like C:\Python24\lib\idlelib. (Python really ought to
make it more obvious.) If you use that you'll be able to get instant
feedback that shows exactly where errors occurred, and even jump to the
right line of code with Alt-G. Trying to use Python without an editor
means it's hard to see what's going wrong, which is no way to work!

Since Python is an interpreted language, running your code once you've
written it requires no fanfare. In IDLE you just save and hit F5. So you
can test the thing, curse at an error, fix it, and try again within seconds.

Kris