Re: [pygame] Path finding demo, now with more fugu

Simon Oberhammer wrote:

Hm, haven't thaught about this too much and always did my own "busy wait" and a fixed frame rate (of course game adjusts to slower fps).

Would someone care show pseudo code for decoupled update/draw and non-busy wait stuff? Or maybe a real game and point me to the relevant sections?

Have a look at gametime.py in 'game objects' (http://www.willmcgugan.com/game-objects/). The basic idea is that it you have 'game time' that advances by a fixed amount, and you calculate how many game time ticks have gone by since the previous frame, calling your update function for each one.

Will