Re: [pygame] pygame.image.save()

Ian Mallett wrote:
Well, it worked for me--saving it to a valid .png file.
Are you sure? I just tried it with a .png picture. It was certainly not saved as a PNG image. Changing the file extension to .jpg let me view it with ImageNavigator. The reason this bug may have slipped through is that Pygame apparently ignores the file extension when determining file type. It will quite happily load a JPEG named "something.png", or even "something".

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>