Re: [pygame] Unexpect blit behavior when using BLEND_ADD

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  This means inlined blending code will have to be replaced with indirect
> function calls. Otherwise, with all the possible permutations of blending,
> alphablit.c will balloon in size uncontrollably.

Yeah.

There is a way to reduce the code size for the blitters... but makes
the code slightly harder to read.  My initial blenders used this
method.

You include all of the blenders in one big function, and use a switch
statement.  This way each additional blitter doesn't use that much
extra space - since the number of extra functions for each new blitter
is zero.

... or we use a runtime assembler to generate the required blitters at
run time ;)