To: <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [pygame] Pygame Mixer Crackle noise not an SDL_Mixer problem

Hi Lenard,
I downloaded your SDL Test files and tested them.  They sound ok on my
machine, however it's difficult to tell whether the aliens program music is
causing any crackles (because the explosion sound it uses sounds like an old
style arcade explosion like Defender) and has a staticy sound anyway.  The
other music and sounds sound ok, but it's hard to tell with just one play (a
single shoot sound).

I have uploaded my examples that contain both graphics, animation and sound.
You don't have to use Dev-C++ to compile my source files, they are just
standard
C/C++ files and SDL calls.  You could copy and paste the code into a Visual
Studio
project and set up your comiler /linker to the appropriate values for your
system.

The program causes no crackling on my system.
Thanks,
Ethan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lenard Lindstrom" <len-l@xxxxxxxxx>