Re: [pygame] Running Python 2.5 alongside 2.6

Actually, the outcome I got from that previous thread is that for a few significant reasons 2.5.4 is still the "best" choice for Windows:

1. MSVC++ runtime availability on target systems, and library distribution constraints.
2. Packaging readiness (although I've been able to use pygame.org's py2exe recipe fine with Python 2.6).
3. The largest code base.

And maybe other reasons you'll have to discover and weigh for yourself. So if leaving that note up saves a lot of new folk from pain and agony, I'm all for it. When I was a day-old nub I appreciated seeing the tip. I rather think it needs a small explanation so people who are compelled to look deeper can understand the why.

My two bits.

Gumm