Re: [pygame] Problems installing to cygwin/w2000

Frank
Drat... :_) and thank you !
I appreciate the difference.

OK... I've downloaded the source and this doesn't work... doh,.. see prev. post
just crossed with your reply.

I've been completely unable (well only been trying for 20h so far...) to get
pygame to compile from cygwin.
I managed to get freetype, zlib, jpeg, mingw (?name?) and something else
required for SDL_image I thing, ah png, to
compile and install (although all the directory names needed fixing by hand
(jpeg was installed as jpegw32 or somethign wierd - memory has gone on
specifics...)
I deleted all that and thought ok, try the windows binaries install of
pygame,... but that is wrong (see prev post) because it includes .pyd files for
things like pygame/base and hence doesn't work... (as these are type 'MZ'
windows executables, perhaps they're platform dependent C/C++ classes which
form pygame ?(anywhere close to right??)  )

Sooo... currently I'm trying to find a 'cygwin' binaries, or Unix one...
But I suspect that that will just be back to the source compile which doesn't
work for some (as yet unfathomed) reason.

Cheers again

peter