Re: [pygame] 1.2 on the horizon

> The end of this month is going to be the time for a new
> pygame release. now are the last few days you get to
> promote any additions you want to see to pygame before
> 1.2 is pumped out.

I don't know that this hasn't been implemented in python somewhere.. if so
someone please let me know and Pete just forget it :)

Is there any way to tell whether a pressed key is alphanumeric? I was
looking for a function like is_alpha(event.key.unicode) or something
to that matter. But I could only find string.letters and string.digits to
manually check it.
So if there's some function like this available already and I didn't see it
someone please hit me with it.. otherwise take this as a pygame1.2 request:

- is_alpha
- is_alphanum
- is_digit

(of course I'll leave it to Pete what the functions will be named. is_alpha
is just a proposal)

(And if there's no function like that readily available and you're not going
to implement it in pygame1.2 just let me know and I'll write something up
for the PCR)

--
Raiser, Frank aka CrashChaos
IRC: 141.30.225.9:6667 #United-Programmers

Q:  Do you know what the death rate around here is?
A:  One per person.