[pygame] Coding Problem -- Tcl Doesn't Work

I've entered the Loebner Prize AI contest, using a program that has gone
through several incarnations; the current one (though not the contest
version) uses Pygame and OpenGL.

I got called today with a serious problem: my program doesn't run on the
contest organizer's machine, despite running on both of my test machines.
This version uses Tkinter and Python. The program is compiled using Py2exe
into EXE format. Apparently it opens a DOS window as it's supposed to, but
instead of opening a second, Tkinter window, it closes and quits. I walked
him through running it in a DOS prompt, and he saw a message saying
something about Tcl: "Version conflict -- have 8.4, need 8.3." Tcl is
Tkinter, right?

I believe he doesn't have Python installed, and that he's running it from
the appropriate directory on the hard drive, having copied the files
provided on the CD I sent. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it's not
running?

My main test machine, my laptop, has Python of course. The other test
machine does not, yet the program worked. The contest organizer has been
running other contest-entry programs, but I don't see why they'd affect
mine. Doesn't Py2exe compile everything the program needs, including
Tkinter if it's used?

Kris