Re: [pygame] Coding Problem -- Tcl Doesn't Work

> I walked him through running it in a DOS prompt, and he saw
> a message saying
> something about Tcl: "Version conflict -- have 8.4, need 8.3."
> Tcl is Tkinter, right?

Pretty much. TCL is its own is its own programming language, and the
graphical toolkit (Tk) is a TCL add-on for creating GUIs. Tkinter is the
Tk interface to Python.

It would appear that Tkinter uses fail-fast logic: it refuses to accept
future versions of TCL rather than risking unexpected behavior.

I'm not very familiar with Tkinter or TCL, so the best I can tell you is
to ask (beg) the judge to downgrade his TCL installation. The most
helpful thing I found on Google (which wasn't very helpful) is this:
   http://babyurl.com/ie6B49
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=1824&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=200211>

> Doesn't Py2exe compile everything the program needs, including
> Tkinter if it's used?

That's something I really don't know.

--
   Any given program, when running, is obsolete.
          - From "Murphy's Law on Technology",