Re: [pygame] pygame- Installing pygame on suse linux from source

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 09:22:16PM +0200, Jason Ward wrote:
>    ok the command worked.
>    It installed sdl.src.rpm
>    But sdl-config still doesn't work.
>    On windows it's a good idea to restart once you've installed something, is
>    linux the same?

No. Don't reboot unless you install a new kernel.

>    My suse computer doesn't have internet access, I am still trying to get it
>    to use this pc's , windows, internet through my lan cable. But I'm still a
>    linux beginner and it won't work. So using yast to download packages
>    isn't possible.

Ew... A Linux computer without an internet connection is no fun at all.
:(

>    Isn't there a site which has this stuff so I can download it from another
>    pc?

Here is where YaST gets the rpm files that it installs:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/i586/

You will find python-pygame in that list :)

---
James Paige