Re: [pygame] pygame- Installing pygame on suse linux from source

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 08:15:07PM +0200, Jason Ward wrote:
>    No. I couldn't find an rpm for suse on pygame.org
>    I just want pygame.

Ah! I understand. In the linux world, the first place you should look
for a package is NOT on the program's website. if you want pygame on
SUSE, check SUSE's website (or package manager) first before you check
pygame.org. Similarly if you wanted pygame on Debian you would check
debian's package manager first. Pygame on Fedora, check fedora's
package manager first. Gentoo, check gentoo's ebuild system first.

The only reasons you should be downloading the linux source code
directly from pygame.org and compiling it yourself are:

A)  Your Linux distribution doesn't have pygame

B)  Your Linux distribution only has an old version and you need a newer
version

C)  You want to change the pygame source code (for example to add
features or fix bugs)

D)  You like doing things the hard way ;)

---
James Paige