Re: [pygame] Status of PyGame on Windows Vista

If you know anyone in China you can probably get a legal copy of vista there for $3, which is what I've heard Microsoft are selling it for there. (I think they are dead-scared of China having declared Linux the national operating system.)

I don't know anybody who is taking up Windows Vista. All the people I know have either made the move to Linux or remained with WindowsXP. Many have even stayed with Windows98. It has been quite surprising to me as there was a stampede among clubs and people I knew to get WindowsXP when it first came out, but nothing like that has happened with Vista. I wouldn't spend much time worrying about Vista unless it actually takes off. Personally I spend my time oriented to Linux, having moved from Windows some time back.

Best wishes,

	- Miriam

René Dudfield wrote:
Hello,

I don't have vista to test either...  Does anyone know how to get
cheap/free non pirated versions of Vista for pygame development?

I think it's likely a newer SDL will solve any problems you have.  So
when the next pygame rc release comes out (probably in a week or so),
then try and get it tested on vista some how.  Or try compiling pygame
yourself.

Cheers,