Re: [pygame] Status of PyGame on Windows Vista

Vista never be 3$ in China, it's cut the price 50% recently, a home version is (499/7.6)$ now.

On 8/19/07, Miriam English <mim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you know anyone in China you can probably get a legal copy of vista
there for $3, which is what I've heard Microsoft are selling it for
there. (I think they are dead-scared of China having declared Linux the
national operating system.)

I don't know anybody who is taking up Windows Vista. All the people I
know have either made the move to Linux or remained with WindowsXP. Many
have even stayed with Windows98. It has been quite surprising to me as
there was a stampede among clubs and people I knew to get WindowsXP when
it first came out, but nothing like that has happened with Vista. I
wouldn't spend much time worrying about Vista unless it actually takes
off. Personally I spend my time oriented to Linux, having moved from
Windows some time back.

Best wishes,

       - Miriam

--