Re: [pygame] BUG: PixelArray

On, Sun Aug 26, 2007, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

> Marcus von Appen wrote:
>> On, Sat Aug 25, 2007, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

[...MinGW issue with function pointers in struct definition...]

> It could be a Windows thing. As for the Python code, all that is statically
> linked into a single DLL.

After some quick research it turns out to be a known issue with MinGW
(and Cygwin, too). As far as I understood, one has to recompile Python
using MinGW in order to get rid of the issue - or use the workaround you
provided. The latter is the way to go here in my opinion. The Win32
users already have the pain to go through your tutorial in order to get
a working Pygame version, so we should not raise the bar, if we can
avoid it.

[...24 bpp not implemented...]

> Maybe it should throw an exception for those unsupported 24 bit array
> features, like element-wise assignment.

Of course. I did not care about that for now as the whole thing is not
completed.

Regards
Marcus