Re: [pygame] BUG: PixelArray

Marcus von Appen wrote:
On, Sun Aug 26, 2007, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

Marcus von Appen wrote:
On, Sat Aug 25, 2007, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

[...MinGW issue with function pointers in struct definition...]
It could be a Windows thing. As for the Python code, all that is statically linked into a single DLL.

After some quick research it turns out to be a known issue with MinGW
(and Cygwin, too). As far as I understood, one has to recompile Python
using MinGW in order to get rid of the issue - or use the workaround you
provided.

The "recompile Python" is wrong as best I can tell. It has nothing to do with the DLL itself. The problem is with MinGW gcc treating functions declared as __declspec(dllimport) as non-constant identifiers.

 The latter is the way to go here in my opinion. The Win32
users already have the pain to go through your tutorial in order to get
a working Pygame version, so we should not raise the bar, if we can
avoid it.

[...24 bpp not implemented...]
Maybe it should throw an exception for those unsupported 24 bit array features, like element-wise assignment.

Of course. I did not care about that for now as the whole thing is not
completed.

I misunderstood that 24 bit support might wait until a future Pygame release.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>