Re: [pygame] What is fun? WAS The Giant - 'cool project I'm working on now' - thread.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Wayne Koorts <wkoorts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> There will always be some people who love a game,
>>> others who hate it and others still who are in-between.
>>
>> Now if you average up the votes for that game, then it will come out
>> with an average score.  But is this really an average game?
>>
>> Even though half the people absolutely loved it... the other 30 people
>> who hated it brought the average score down, so when rated it comes
>> out as an average game.
>
> You've just proven that game rating by vote is pointless, of course it is.
>
> Regards,
> Wayne

I totally disagree with this statement. You just proved why statistics
has more functions than just the "average" function.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics

In this case a graph might be a good way to go for people to better
understand this group of numbers.

--
Douglas E Knapp