[pygame] Re: Mac Installers (was: 100% CPU FAQ)

A poster had asserted earlier on the list that OS X installation binaries for pygame are lacking - I believe that the poster was misled by an inaccurate comment on the downloads page (http://pygame.org/download.shtml):

"pyobjc is needed for OSX 10.3 and 10.4, not 10.5"

I think the rationale for the comment on the download page was that the system python (2.5) on Mac OS X has PyObjC 2.0 preinstalled - however as the pygame installers target the user-installed framework builds of python, there is no PyObjC available for pygame to use, if the user has not installed one.

So in fact, pyobjc is required for all os x revisions for pygame, and I believe the pyObjC installer on the pygame download page will suffice for all 3 revisions as well.

So if the web page could be clarified, that would be great - but mostly I wanted it to be clear what the expectation of the current Mac OS X support for pygame is, so if people have a different experience or require something different than what is provided, they can report it.