Re: [pygame] Scrolling

well i need it to work with a BIG surface.... at 30 fps. and i need something that would work with Rabbyt

From: Casey Duncan <casey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2009 12:51:32 PM
Subject: Re: [pygame] Scrolling

You can blit a surface that is bigger than the pygame screen and it should efficiently crop it for you without extra work on your part. At some point though you will probably run into surface size limitations, in which case you can just tile surfaces together.

In my experience with pygame, full screen blitting is really only fast enough at fairly low resolutions. But of course YMMV.

-Casey