Re: [pygame] pygame1.9 does not install in ubuntu from easy_install

René Dudfield wrote:

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On, Tue Aug 04, 2009, Rene Dudfield wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > since the easy_install was worked around, no quick bug fix
    release will be
    > made.
    >
    > It's missing the readme.html file, but otherwise seems to all
    work ok... and
    > the readme.txt file is there still.  So I don't think it's worth
    doing
    > another release.
    >
    > There's been no other bug reports so far, so I think that's ok.
    >
    > However, if you reckon it'd cause issues for some reason?  We
    could do
    > another quick bugfix release?
    >
    > So no new quick bug fix release will be made.

    As it only seems to have an impact on easy_install, I'm fine with
    it, as
    the port uses the usual setup procedure. So, if there are no more
    complains from other packaging systems, we can leave anything as is.

    Regards
    Marcus

hi,

sorry, I spoke before reading all my emails...

there does seem to be another bug report (about solar wolf not working)... I'll investigate that soon. Don't have much internet access at the moment.

Or if anyone else can confirm if solar wolf is working for them? From the tar.gz source installer?

cu,
Hi,

Superficially this bug looks like an incomplete install of Pygame 1.9.0-1 on Arch Unix.

Lenard