Re: [pygame] Numeric wireless keyboard

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 01:14:52AM -0400, PierreLafrance1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> James Paige wrote:

> >> Hi Rene.
> >> What I don't understand is :
> >> + The alphanumeric keyboards works fine with ARM plateform and Pygame
> >> + The numeric keyboard works fine with ARM plateform in a text editor
> >> + The numeric keyboard does't works fine with ARM plateform and Pygame
> >>
> >> So I'm not sure what to look at yet since hardware and software is ok.
> >> Anyway, I'll keep you post on progress
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Pierre
> >
> > I would suggest writing a very small test program in C using SDL. You
> > can find some suitable example code at
> > http://www.libsdl.org/intro.en/usingevents.html
> >
> > Compile it with gcc, and use it to test and see if this problem affects
> > the underlying SDL library when python and pygame are not involved.
> >
> > That will narrow down where the problem is.
> >
> > ---
> > James Paige
> >

> Hi
> I'm compiling the code (my first prg with gcc), and doesn't find SDL.h.
>  I have done a find on SDL (find -name "SDL.h"), without success. Where
> and how can I find this file ?  Do I have to install SDL ? (I'm assuming
> Python is using it and its there...)
>
> Thanks!

Your probably don't have the development files for SDL installed. If I
recall correctly, pygame only uses the runtime files, and doesn't need
the development files.

If you are using Debian or a derivative like Ubuntu, you need to install
the libsdl1.2-dev package. I don't know the package name for other
distributions, but it will be something similar.

---
James Paige