Re: transition plan was Re: [pygame] contemplating move to bitbucket(and hg). what do you think?

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM, claudio canepa <ccanepacc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I perused the pep about the python migration posted by Lenard, and they indeed  generated a text table with mappings. Maybe there is code to lift there (in the python migration process) ?

Also, they talk about how EOL will be handled, and have  a link for the server side hooks used, including the one for 'bad EOL rejection'

--
claudio

hi,

It would be nice to find the text table mapping code somewhere.  I had a quick look, and couldn't find it though.

I took a look in http://hg.python.org/ and they have a hooks directory.  There's also http://docs.python.org/devguide/

It looks like bitbucket supports a web services API instead.
    http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Managing+Bitbucket+Services

They have a bunch of common hooks available already.  Unfortunately not this whitespace one.  You can make your own too if needed.  So we might need to create our own service for the whitespace checking hook.  The look very easy to write though.
    http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Writing+Brokers+for+Bitbucket

You can install hooks locally as well if you want... but then we have to get every developer to install hooks, and I don't think that'll work.

cu.