Re: [pygame] Re: sprint this weekend

âHi,

First, I think it's great that there's been some attention on the site (even if it was a pointer switch). I'm comfortable with early 2000s web design, but I realize not everyone is. The new feel of PyGame is a lot more like something, if I were a neophyte, I'd want to tinker with.

Second, I think it's good that the new site has been made default. This will force dogfooding. We should leave it that way.

However . . . the new site needs work. It took me five minutes to find the documentation, and I still don't know how to add a project. IMO the narrow columns and horizontal scrolling are bletcherous too, but I won't knock the prototype too much, because what I really want to say is that:

I propose that the website model be made more open for everyone to change. I haven't been keeping up with the list, so I apologize if it's been answered, but it doesn't look like https://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame is the location for the site. That is, ordinary users can't submit pull requests for the site itself. I think this would help us move toward a better website, faster--and one which, by construction, the community would value.

Ian