[pygame] (FWD) memory leak?

David Clark writes:

>Snip weird windows crashes<
 >
 > It isn't the event subsystem, since it's happened to me with the most
 > basic blitting video routines. I will boot back to windows tonight
 > (sigh) and see if I can produce a minimal failure routine.

Damned heisenbug.

- It goes back to at least 0.0.3. I didn't report it then; I assumed
that it was my fault.

- It comes and goes. Sometimes I run aliens.py or a video test program
for 5 minutes and everything's fine, sometimes it crashes after only
10 seconds or so. I'd say it happens every 20 times or so, usually
after running several other pygame programs. I've never had it happen
on a freshly-booted system.

- It always crashes the same way. Gradual slowdown, affecting mouse
movement and and video refreshes. Audio stays fine up until the
end. Sudden video freeze, looping sound and hard crash. Cold reboot
required.

- It happens fullscreen and windowed, software and hardware.

- It's not in the event subsystem. It feels like a video subsystem
problem.

Will do more tests tomorrow. Win98, Voodoo3.

--
David "Futility [D!]" Clark  |  Any sufficiently advanced philosophy  |
silenus@telus.net            |   is indistinguishable from despair.   |