Re: [pygame] (FWD) memory leak? P.S.

David Clark wrote:

> So it looks like the bug is in rect. There's only one problem - Mark
> Kimsel said he found the bug when working on a cd player - presumably
> one that had no use for rect!

I think I want to recind my earlier statement of the bug
occurs without video.  I can't seem to reproduce it with my
CD program anymore.  Perhaps the first few times I did it it
was after running aliens or liquid.  I ran my CD program 25
times in a row, aliens twice, then my CD program another
dozen or so times.  The system seemed fine, until about 1 hour
later.  Then I ground to a halt without having done any
py-game stuff for a long time.  Sounds like it could very
well be the thread/timer issue ShredWheat mentioned in
another reply.

> Also, in contrast to what Mr. Kimsel said, my resource monitor showed
> a sudden drop in available memory a few seconds before the crash -
> around 10 MB or so.

I really didn't see anything strange in my system monitor or resource
meter, but it could be that my thing wasn't updating at the
right moment.  I have Win98, celery 400, 128MB RAM.  I will
try the new tar.gz as soon as seul.org gets their DNS back
up and running (can't resolve from MI or TX right now)