Re: [pygame] Fatal Python error

Peter Thoman wrote:

> however now that I added the dropshadow code I'm suddenly getting this:
>
>     Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
>     abnormal program termination

do you have a full version of the script that crashes still? i'd like to
put on my digging equipment and go root out the problem. no docstrings
is no problem, i just need to find a copy of the bug in captivity :]
i was looking through the code in your second post and couldn't directly
see anything that should crash like this. it looks like you were just
mismatching your "layers" and "offsets".

> Another slightly off-topic
> question: When will there be a binary release for Win32/python2.2 ? I don't
> want to sound demanding, it would just be nice to subclass pygame.Surface
> for one of my classes.

there's already a temporary pygame build for windows python-2.2 beta.
it's a zip file though, not an exe, so a little extra hand installing is
needed (just unzip to your C:\PYTHON22 directory)
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/pygame-1.2.1-win32-py2.2.zip

i imagine you'll want to subclass from pygame.SurfaceType (since
pygame.Surface is just a function). i'm not exactly sure if it will
work? (i might need to enable some features for my pygame types?)