Re: [pygame] pygame and mouse ...

Greetings ...

	Thanks for the response ...

Adam wrote:
            I have had a few times, when running pygame applications and
    they fail,
    they don't return the mouse to the DeskTop/user ... I did see a python
    scripts somewhere that would fix this, does anybody know where I could
    get this script?

Well I don't know anything about that python script but here's a couple of useful short-cuts. ctrl-alt-backspace kills so you can restart your
Mmm, these short-cuts I know, but loosing all that I have open, is just not nice ...

desktop without restarting the whole thing. Also you could try ctrl-alt and one of the F keys to get to a command line and try ps -A and killall to stop any programs that may be screwing it up.
Normally the python script kicks out, but does not return mouse control to the desktop, if I understand it, the application grab control of the mouse ... I have seen this with a few games, and even games like FreeDroidRPG has an option to enable or disable this feature ... Some games even stop the mouse from wondering outside of the active window, and only task switch out will give control back the OS/DeskTop ...

Eg
killall python
should stop python and pygame, if that doesn't work you could try
killall python -s KILL
ps -A should show you all the programs that are running.
	I tend to use ps -axw ... And normally no python is running ...

Thanks
Mailed
Lee

P.S. Goggled, but I can't seem to remember what the description the little script was ... ;-\