Re: [pygame] Testing for button in a table in OcempGUI

In a message of Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:26:00 +0200, Johan Geldenhuys writes:
>Marcus,
>I tried this
>"""
>try:
>     for i in range(tbl_words.rows):
>
>        for j in range(tbl_words.columns):
>            letter = self.letters()
>            button = Button(letter)
>            button.border = BORDER_NONE
 >            button.padding = 0
>
>            button.connect_signal(SIG_CLICKED, self.clicked, button, i,
>j, letter)
>
>            tbl_words.add_child(i, j, button)
>            self.button_list(i, j, letter)
>except:
>        pass
>"""
>I am not sure what to put in at the except part. With the above, it
>stops as soon as it gets to the first position that is already occupied.
>Any ideas what to use there?
>
>I will look at the docs.
>Johan

It should look more like this pseudo-code:

     already_have_a_letter_waiting = False
     for i in range(tbl_words.rows):
        for j in range(tbl_words.columns):
            if not already_have_a_letter_waiting:
	        letter = self.letters()
                button = Button(letter)
                button.border = BORDER_NONE
                button.padding = 0
                already_have_a_letter_waiting = True:
	    try:
		# here comes the stuff that causes the exception
                tbl_words.add_child(i, j, button)
                button.connect_signal(SIG_CLICKED, self.clicked, button,
                                      i,j, letter)
                self.button_list(i, j, letter)
		already_have_a_letter_waiting = False
	   except PasteInWhateverExceptionYouGetFromYourTraceback:
		already_have_a_letter_waiting = True

Laura