Re: [pygame] Scripting language

Yeah,
I have been afraid of this being the case given that all my research indicated it. Thanks for the link, I agree that they are unsatisfactory, but at least it is a step in determining what exactly is available.

Brian, I had actually given thought to something akin to the system you detailed after a discussion with a peer. I had also considered building a visual/drag-and-drop/list system that would output an easily verified python-like language. Upon receipt at the server, this would be validated (for variable use, methods) and converted to Python.

Thanks everyone for the lively discussion. I am mostly surprised at the lack of a mainstream solution (or several) though I wonder if it is as a result of the common perception of C++ being "the" game development language and everything else being a secondary scripting language.

I have found a Python in Ruby, but is there a Ruby in Python or Lua for that matter?

Cheers,
  Brandon