Re: [pygame] Scripting language

> Quoting Brandon N <kordova@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hello all,
> >    This is not strictly a pygame question though it does relate to my
> > use of pygame in general. What have people used for scripting
> > languages in Python? I suppose I could use Python itself but I do not
> > want to expose anything through the use of eval or otherwise
> > (currently I am doing just about this). While I do not want to write
> > a language from scratch, I do have a simple Lisp implementation that
> > I could expose.

I have read a lot about this, and the general consensus seems to be
that if you are worried about security, there is no known safe easy way
to embed python-in-python. That conclusion surprises and disappoints me,
but I can find no reliable information that contraticts it :(

Some unsatisfactory workarounds can be found at:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/How_can_I_run_an_untrusted_Python_script_safely_(i.e._Sandbox)

---
Bob the Hamster