Re: [pygame] Scripting language

Ethan Glasser-Camp wrote:

However, when I tried to exploit this in my level file format, I got:

IOError: file() constructor not accessible in restricted mode

There are still remnants of the old restricted mode around, and they may prevent some exploits of this kind. But considering that the above trick can be used to get hold of *any* builtin or new-style class in the system (they're all ultimately subclasses of object) you could never be sure that all possible exploits had been blocked.

Where can I find information on these efforts?

There were discussions about it on the python-dev list recently.

--
Greg